Yesterday I met with my professor who supervises my Bachelor-project. I presented my current state and we added some basic Properties-editing function, which works quite well actually. Basically we took the GenericDialogs, that ImageJ offers and used them to create the UnitElements Properties-Window. Much simpler than I actually thought.
Apart from that, I continued some work on the algorithms. The algorithm uses SelectionSort. Not the most efficient, but fast enough here. I'm working to find ways, to run Unit-Checks as well, so for example, that not-connected Units are discarded as soon as possible, thereby cleaning the UnitList.
Some small things on the GUI, the Popup-Menu is reworked. I excluded all Actions in actual Action-Classes. The clipboard functions work nicely, except for the Cut. If a Unit is cut and pasted back in, the Unit's MacroElement, the part which holds the ImageJ-syntax is null. Strange thing, I haven't yet figured out while.
Apart from that, I build some basic menus.
One thing missing in the whole application are the proper MVC-handlers. Changes in the model don't call back to the UI at the moment. So to update the GraphPanel you have to click or repaint manually. Of course this isn't nice yet. So one of the next tasks will be to incorporate some proper application-structure. I've been looking for Desktop-Application-Frameworks for Java, but apart from Jazz, which only supports Java6, while I work in Java5, I found nothing. So I'm back own my own and trying to find some nice structure.
This week is the official ImageJ Conference in Luxembourg, I won't be attending, but there will be a lecture about the project with the presentation of this programm.